In the starting phase, odoo familiar as OpenERP is a set of open source enterprise management applications.
The large companies, small business, associations and many different types of organizations used odoo for control, automate, measure and optimize their operations, finance and projects.
In the odoo version 6,7, & 8 there are no technical variations between community and enterprise version and it has changed in V9.
Features of Odoo Community:
- The Odoo Community Association is the non-profitable organization which promotes the global use of odoo and assists the synergetic development of odoo feature.
- It provides financial, organizational and legal assistance to the larger odoo open source community. It is also provided as an independent legal entity where community member can subscribe the code, funding, and other resources with knowledge and their subscription will be maintained for public benefits.
- Odoo software can be used, modified and distributed by anyone.
- The source code, bug reports pull requests are hosted by GitHub to access anyone.
Features of Odoo Enterprise:
- If the user applies for the proprietary license he/she only can use the odoo enterprise subscription.
- Modifications are allowed.
- Distribution only to odoo enterprise subscribers.
- All odoo projects are fully hosted on GitHub and access to all partners and customers who have an odoo subscription.
- The whole database and back-end applications, without limitations, are in Odoo Community.
- Basic Functionality is in Odoo Community.
- Migration to the next version by Odoo SA engineers is in Odoo Enterprise.
- Several Functionalities are in Odoo Enterprise.
- Support of the non-customized Odoo Enterprise by Odoo SA Engineers.
- Apps from Odoo Store.
Odoo Enterprise is a combination of “odoo community + additional functional modules”
Hardware & Scalability:
- If we follow the hardware essence odoo can be estimated for companies of almost any size and odoo did it for 2000 global companies with vast terrestrial distribution but it recommended the breaking applications and database servers for 90 employees. The load balancing of application server would be used for a company who have 250+ employees.
- There are 90% free and 10% paid applications are available in odoo app store.
- Odoo Enterprise includes additional unique modules that will move the ERP experience to the next level.
- Any localization can be installed as additional on both versions.
Flexibility in community and enterprise apps:
- odoo have the modular structure, by this, you can customize through modules and database configuration.
The difference between two editions Community version &Enterprise version.
Odoo Community Edition
Odoo Enterprise Edition
|Required Hardware||From 2 CPU/ @ RAM||From 2 CPU/ @ RAM|
|Scalability||The same load balancing||The same load balancing|
|Flexibility||The same modular architecture||The same modular architecture|
|Community and Store App||Can Install any module||Can Install any module|
|Enterprise App||Not available||Included in the package|
|Localization||The same localization||The same localization|
|Out-of-the-box||Requires more customization||Includes nice UI and more functionality|
|Access rights||The same configuration||The same configuration|
|UI||Standard interface||Nice and fast navigation|
|Support and upgrade||Not included||Included by vendor|
|Price||No license cost||20 EUR/user/month|
|Development access||It can be utilized by developers.||To access enterprise you will have to purchase LGPL(Lesser General public license) which has been published by free software foundation.|
|Control||You can install any module via community and store apps||You can not install any module directly.|
|Mobile support||Not available||Available|
|Uniqueness||Community Edition does not contain all the features of an enterprise.||Enterprise Edition does contain all the features of the community.|
Get Free Odoo Consultation
Our business analyst will help you choose best options to make your ERP implementation successful.