The client is a prominent manufacturer of heavy industry fabrication, lifting equipment, and industrial doors in the European region. They specialize in warehouse loading and unloading docks along with the lifting equipment needed by the various industries.. Their manufacturing process begins after a job site visit and obtaining all the necessary measurements from the client. However, they were facing communication issues due to their manual process of managing data in Excel sheets and in hard copies of paper. There was a lack of availability of production status across various departments, and obtaining data from each department was a manual process. This led to miscommunication and uninformed decision-making. Sometimes, different departments were not informed about new quotations or lacked information related to resources. To address these challenges, we implemented an ERP solution that automated the process of receiving quotations, project management, field services management, and product warranty module integration. Upon implementation of cloud based erp system helped them in getting real-time data on a single dashboard and ensured that all departments working more efficiently.
Challenges Faced By Heavy Lifting Equipment Manufacturer
- The organization was facing challenges in processing quotations as per demand due to the distributed work among departments and a manual process. There was lack of communication between departments resulting in delays in sending the final quotation to clients.
- The progress status of projects is not readily available and requires manual updates from each department. This process is time-consuming and delays the overall progress of work.
- Field data, including various measurements required for manufacturing lifting equipment, and industrial doors, are collected in hard copy and distributed among departments, which consumes a significant amount of time.
- The warranty for products cannot be determined instantly due to the manual process, and all documents need to be checked to figure out the warranty.
- The organization was lacking proper planning as there is no real-time update from each department, resulting in delays and inefficiencies.
- The manual workflow for quotation preparation is taking up a lot of time, and the inflow of requirements is high compared to the monthly basis on which clients use to prepare quotations. As a result, the organization is unable to meet the monthly demand for the project inflow.
- Since client has custom manufacturing business model, the sales team faces the challenge of creating new quotations for each order. The absence of a quick reference to previous similar products and their prices makes the process time-consuming.