THE IMPORTANCE OF THE SEAFOOD FRESHNESS
- Fish should smell fresh and mild, not sour or ammonia like,a fish’s eyes should be clear and shiny.The shrimp should not smell like bleach or ammonia, it indicates the growth of bacteria.And in the case of lobster,it should not be soft like cottage cheese or have a pungent odor. These are the basic tips that one should keep in mind while buying any seafood.But many people are unaware of these aspects and that leads to serious repercussions.
- So here question arises why the freshness of seafood an important factor?The study estimates that approximately 55,000 cases are reported annually due to the illnesses — that are caused due to consumption of bad seafood .
- In this article, we are going to review our creation on the RFID Technology. We have created the AI based Seafood supply chain ERP where the seafood supplier can track and trace the freshness and quality of seafood.
HOW OUR TECHNOLOGY WILL ELUCIDATE THIS PROBLEM ?
IoT Sensors :
We are using the IoT sensors for Water Quality and measurement of environmental conditions including temperature, Humidity, Air Flow etc. It will offer an instance alert on your mobile phone!
Water quality sensors :
- It monitors pH, temperature, NH3 and NH4 of the tanks where the seafood is stored.
- It provides the facility to view the critical parameters of the water quality in real-time from your electronic device.
- It is also equipped with the notification services that indicate when parameters are trending towards thresholds or breach parameters.
Environment sensors :
- It offers real time temperature and humidity monitoring.
- Sensor being used in Cold chain logistics can offer real time monitoring & trace-ability. The temperatures in these transportation vehicles should be kept favorable according to the species.
- It gives us the access to Dashboard to monitor these sensors.
Trace-ability through RFID technology :
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF ‘RFID TAG’ IN OUR TECHNOLOGY?
- In this process, the harvester catches the seafood from the sea bed and brings it at dockside.
- After reaching the dockside, the harvester puts all the species in the crates as per the capacity of a particular crate.
- At the dockside, the harvester sells his catches to the sea food processing company through an agent (called as tagger) of the company itself.
- The RFID Tags are solely identified which allows to scan the items in a bulk quantity rather than each bar-code individually.
- These RFID tags are placed on the crates at the dockside by the tagger.
- The introduction of RFID tag eliminates the use of papers as the data is entered directly with the help of handheld devices.
- The information is automatically uploaded to a cloud database. This means that workers in the head office have access to this information in real time and can plan accordingly for production and payroll functions.
- The wireless printers are placed at the dock locations in order to print the receipt and the harvesters are on their way in just one click.
How to prove the freshness to Seafood?
- The processor company can track the item’s check-in/check-out time and also can view the exact location of the item by entering the RFID code in the device.
TRACE-ABILITY DASHBOARD VIEW :
Payroll and Accounting management :
- In this user can manage the salary structure of the employees.
- It refers to the administration of employees’ financial records including salaries,wages,bonuses,deductions and net pay.
“Driving the intelligent enterprise with – the digital supply chain”
Streamline your seafood supply chain with Odoo ERP Development. Improve traceability, increase efficiency, and ensure compliance with industry standards. Contact us today to learn more about how Odoo can help your seafood business thrive.