Odoo studio allows you to customize the user interface with very limited programming knowledge. It allows to write some Python code as well but a very limited portion of features can be customized from there. Here are the areas and industries where it will not work or somehow will create hurdles,
- Nothing you do in odoo studio can be used in the community edition of odoo.
- for all many enhancement to odoo 12, there are major weaknesses associated with recording custom odoo applications.
- Because of the way you develop with odoo studio, it can again be very tough to control processes inside production installations.
Highly Customized business process
If your current business process if highly customized or proprietary to your owned business then generic ERP process may not work for you well and can turn into confusion for your employees.
- This is the main area where the Odoo studio will not work because of complicated processes. E.g. if you are looking to execute the work order in different stages and at the similar time you need some task order to go to the near stage after a real amount of time, it should be possible to customize
Import/Export of data
- The migration will really not useful on this area, we have recently viewed an issue of importing work order and so the customer has had to change to the on-premise odoo
- When you migrate from another system, your import process requires a high degree of customization and for that, you will need a full path to the Odoo backend system to write Python code.
Same way, you can not customize the export process very well.
Crons and Schedulers
- Because you have restricted access to the Python//backend system, you can’t write crons very well and can’t automate many methods you want.
Ownership of the Data
- The hosted answer limits the control of your data to the Odoo itself. However, they have a reliable cloud but if you want to keep the data completely, you will have to sort of premise Odoo that means, self-hosted Odoo. That doesn’t expect that you will have to choose some odoo partner to host your odoo on their support, you can have your private leased server from any provider and you can host it there.
- At Silent Infotech we recommend going for either On-premise community or on-premise Enterprise. It’s a myth that it is hard to manage the on-premise odoo instance. We have Odoo special cloud and infrastructure in place to host on-premise odoo with the full power of customization.
- We are a leading provider of ERP/CRM services, we provide advance initiative technology
Our team of experienced and dedicated developers has enough talent tons of experience in developing software products and solutions.