Odoo Email Configuration
A Businessman, Industrialist, an Employee, a manager or maybe any other person in the corporate field knows the importance of email. Email marketing plays a very crucial role in the growth of the corporate world.
Therefore, the introduction of Email configuration in Odoo is one of the most important features done by the Odoo for the simplicity of the users. One does not have to log-in to the Email accounts for sending the mails. We can send Emails directly from the Odoo itself, all we need to do is configure the Outgoing mail server and the Incoming mail server successfully.
This attribute helps in sending the message or a common announcement to a group of people who may be current or potential customers. This provides an opportunity to meet the business requirements in an advanced format and helps in acquiring new customers and hold the current customers.
Odoo Advance Email Configurator Module
- Odoo Advance Email Configurator helps to auto-configure the incoming and outgoing mail servers directly from the preferences.
- It makes convenient to use both the mail server parameters in one category.
- It also allows fetching new emails (using IMAP) received from the last time they were downloaded and successfully processed, in addition to ‘unread’ status.
- In case of errors found during the processing of an email, Odoo will re-attempt to fetch the emails from the last date and time they were successfully received and processed.
- With this easy to use functionality, you will be able to save your precious time and quickly can access the mail servers.
- This module provides the functionality of prioritizing the mail server self-configured by the user. However, if the mail server of the user is not available then it will by default prioritize the existing mail servers.
Features of Odoo Email Configurator
Privacy protection related to the user’s credentials.
The user has to share credentials (Password and ID) with the admin in order to configure the Email servers which used to be a privacy concern. But now that is solved as the user can configure the Emails without sharing the creds.
Access Rights for setting up preferences.
The user had no access rights to configure the Email as it was the task of the admin. But using this, the user has the access rights to configure the Emails without sharing the creds with the admin.
Fetch mail using IMAP/POP by date.
It is very easy to Configure incoming mail server in Odoo. But to fetch the Emails (by date) was an issue which is now solved through this module.
Send emails using the user’s SMTP.
Everything is being sent from the united SMTP server (outgoing e-mail server), that sends the message to the recipient. The name of the user, that send the e-mail, is being used as the sender email.
In case of errors, Successful re-attempt retrieval of emails from the mail server.
In case of errors found during the processing of an email, Odoo will re-attempt to fetch the emails from the last date and time they were successfully received and processed.
‘Unread messages’ are easily fetched without a change in their status.
The new mails are fetched by date using the IMAP server. The mails which are in ‘Unread’ status will remain as it is and it will be fetched in the same status.
Prioritizing the mail server configured by the user.
This module provides the functionality of prioritizing the mail server self-configured by the user. However, if the mail server of the user is not available then it will by default prioritize the existing mail servers.
The user can easily configure the mail servers through preferences. Once the provider is been created by the admin the users have the simplicity of selecting the provider without the complicacy of configuring the Incoming and the outgoing mail servers in a repeat pattern.
The users can only set the configured providers allowed by the admin.
How to Install Advance Email Configurator Module
- For Installation – Go to apps -> Search ‘odoo advance email configurator’ -> Install.
How to Use This Module
- After Installation – Go to settings -> (Username) -> Preferences.
- The provider can be directly selected from the preferences.
- Go to settings -> General settings -> Auto-generate ( tick ).
- If auto-generate is selected, then when the user is created, it will automatically configure the Incoming and outgoing mail server.
- When the Auto-generate is not selected, then the user can configure the servers from preferences.
Create a Provider
- Go to settings -> Technical settings -> Provider -> Create -> Save.
- The providers created by default