If you are getting an error like “SMTPDataError:… SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender”
It seems a normal scenario to use office 365 as a email server with Odoo but there are some known issues while you configure it.
- It will not directly allow you to use multiple FROM address or different FROM address then the sender address which is being used in authentication. E.g. you have configured firstname.lastname@example.org and you would like to set email@example.com as a FROM address. This will be needed when you want all your Odoo users to send emails using same FROM address.
As a solution, you have a couple of options,
- You can relay your outbound emails from an another MTA like Sendgrid and use the multiple sender addresses.
- You may create a security group and follow the steps below,
- Create a security group e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add all email accounts to that group and give send as permission.
- Try sending an email and it should work!
- Check out reverse DNS settings of your domain name and make sure that its mapped to the return path properly.